"December came faster than most and before we knew it, it was cold
and you turned to me as if to say that we should not have come this way.
You didn't ask a question, so I had no reply.
And we came upon a congregation and turned our faces to the constellation, singing
'we are both believers now' but still there was no voice in the clouds.
See the stars are not out conscience, they are just another light in our eyes, in our eyes.
They are just another light keeping us blind.
Long time I have left Umeah and long time travlled in your company,
but I see the road before us split, and I know that I should follow it.
But I know that I will find you, when the morning spreads it's breath across the night.
Find you, in the morning at the end of my life.
December's roads are long and they're tough and sometimes I get really tired and stuck
But I keep the thought that when I die
They will carry me and lay me by your side
They will carry me and lay me by your side.
And there amongst the dirt
At last, our roads again will merge."
This song is called 'the woods' and is by Emmy the Great. I have listened to it at least 1000 times and it still makes me want to cry, in a good way. The first time I heard it was last winter when I had moved home from uni and split up with my boyfriend of a very long time (by my standards anyway) and everything was very bleak. Everything is less bleak now but I'm still listening to it and it never seems to lose it's relevance. You should probably listen to it too because emmy really is great.
Thursday, 4 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment