Thursday, 11 December 2008
Sea Green, Sea Blue
"I miss winter just because I miss when I knew you best.
I miss the typewriter in the basement, I miss making your room a mess.
I miss not being misused. I miss it all so I guess I lose
Sea green, Sea blue..."
I met the most amazing person and I ruined it and I assumed that it would get easier every day but every day I miss him more and every day i realise that nobody comes close.
I miss him washing my dishes and waiting in his car for me after work and calling me 'nugget' when I say something stupid. I miss glimpsing the gaps in his teeth when he smiles and his arms creeping around me while I cook. I miss him turning up late at night with his drunken swagger and the smell of rum on his breath. I miss his chicken legs and the flat bone beneath his ribs that he hated me touching and I miss the creases around his eyes when he awakes. I miss the noises he makes in his sleep and I miss being late to work every morning because I couldn't ever leave him.
He met someone else, he says, and I can't imagine anyone who might deserve him more.
But I ruined it, all by myself.
And now I can only wait and hope that one day, like he said, it will be OK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment